Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Well, it didn't snow after all, but damn it was cold. Woke up around 3 a.m. and had to shut the door to the balcony as the temperature dropped from 45 to 10. I couldn't get my car doors open this morning. This kind of weather can make happiness difficult to feel. When so much of your energy is spent just trying to stay warm or walk faster and get out of the cold. It makes the day seem way too long.

Forget moving back to Wooster. I'm headed for the Bahamas baby. Or... there must be some place on this planet where the temperature stays moderate year round. I will find this place and be gone with this cold misery.

Back on to Chapter four tonight. Must finish this chapter by the end of the week. It should have been done by now. Too many distractions. Work. Takes up 9 hours (or more) of my day and what is the benefit - I get Middle-Eastern men staring down my blouse. Not exactly the attention I was looking for this week.

Or maybe I'll just work on some poetry submissions. Seven published so far.

No comments: