Monday, May 19, 2008

Well, finally my computer has been fixed. After accidently clicking on some random comment on Andrew's blog, I became virus-infected in all sorts of ways. I'm great with computers, but not good enough for that trojan.

Moving in less than a month to a wonderful new apartment in Hyde Park. Yummy. For those of you not familiar with the Cincinnati area, take my word, it's a very lovely part of town. And I'll be able to have pets, so perhaps, finally, life will be somewhat... "normal"?... again.

I'm exhausted after running this evening, so I think I'm going to crash with "Diary of a Madman" in hand (Gogal). What better way to fall asleep than Russian literature.... :) No, actually I love Russian literature, so long as I have a full pot of coffee nearby. I've lost my second copy of Heart of Darkness now, the 2nd time by accident, so perhaps some God above is trying to tell me something.

Another good book to come out recently in hardback is "Unaccustomed Earth" by Jhumpa Lahiri. It's actually a collection of eight long stories, "long short stories"..., in which she is a genius at writing. Her first collection of short stories, one of my favorite books ever, won the Pulizer Prize back in 2001, I think (Wikipedia Lena?) and she was in her early 30s at that time. Very talented young lady. Her first novel, "The Namesake" was made into a movie, which was decent, though nowhere near the strength of the novel. Anyway, point being, read her!

No comments: